Friday, July 25, 2008

Can't Sleep

Tonight I am filled with many emotions and random thoughts - causing me to forget about the importance of sleep...
Tonight a family is grieving the loss of their husband/father/son
Tonight we are grieving the loss of a great friend
Tonight I am overwhelmed with joy that my brother is home from Iraq (if only for a short time before he is forced to return)
Tonight my other brother is away from home and I worry about his safety
Tonight my children are sleeping peacefully at Nana's house (with me)
Tonight my husband is miles away from me when I need him here to hold me in his arms and tell me that everything is okay
Tonight I am shedding tears
Tonight I wonder how my dad is coping with the loss of a great friend
Tonight I am thankful for my family
Tonight I should have told everybody "I love you" before they went to bed
Tonight I want to hold my children tight and never let them grow up
Tonight I am reminded of the circle of life
Tonight I feel disappointed and frustrated with our society
Tonight I am tempted to vent all of my frustrations
Tonight I wonder why I bother with this blog
Tonight I felt what it's like to have a sister
Tonight I appreciate the path that I am on, although I don't always know why
Tonight others are suffering like me and aren't able to express themselves - I hope that they know they are not alone
Tonight I am thankful to the friends who have offered support and opened my eyes to see the things that I was most afraid to admit
Tonight I wish that I was brave enough to tell the people who have hurt me the most that they have hurt me the most
Tonight I miss my husband
Tonight I wonder how many relationships have been ruined due to communication errors
Tonight I wish I had a copy of the four agreements with me
Tonight I realize what is important to ME
Tonight I am ready to stop letting the actions of others affect me negatively
Tonight I am content with my life
Tonight was a great night...
Tomorrow will be here before I know it
Tomorrow is a new day and I am prepared to face it

0 comments:

Watch out world, here I come!

This is so my life

This is so my life