Thursday, August 9, 2007

Happy 50th Anniversary!!

50 years together-
Time passes swiftly when spent in the company of a cherished companion.




Grandpa Ben & Granny officially celebrate their 50th anniversary on this day.


In the short time that I have been in their lives, they have been nurturing, caring, compassionate, forgiving, accepting, and more loving than anyone that I have ever met.


They are an amazing couple and we truly appreciate all that they do!


Grandpa Ben always makes us laugh with his silly comments, especially when he calls Isaac, "Ivan" and tells us to "come back when you can't stay so long" or when Isaac is acting up, "Boy, I'm sure glad I don't have any kids". Granny always keeps us fed and comfortable :o) She is always reminding us to appreciate and love each other, and never lets us forget that "Nobody is perfect, not even me". She relies on her Faith to get her through the day, and she wouldn't be the amazing person that she is without it!


When Rob and I get "stuck" in our marriage, we know that we can turn to them to provide insight as to how to get through things "together". After 50 years together, we trust that they know what they are talking about.


To my own parents who just celebrated 23 years of marriage - thank you! We are looking forward to celebrating 50 years of your marriage in the year 2034...

"Newlyweds become 'oldyweds', and 'oldyweds' are the reasons that families work."

1 comments:

John and Sherry said...

Stephanie,
What a lovely posting, how nice it is to hear that my mom and dad are an inspiration to you and Rob. We are so happy to have you in our family and I am looking forward to seeing you and Rob become "Oldyweds". John and I probably won't make it to 50 years of marriage but we certainly are "Happyweds"! :)
Love,
Mom

Watch out world, here I come!

This is so my life

This is so my life