Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Baby News...

This was taken at 23 weeks (beginning of month 6) and I am measuring at 38"
Lots of exciting baby news to share:
Aaron & Katie's baby girl could possible be here any day now; Katie is dilated to 3cm & 80% effaced. We are sooooo excited to meet her and give her lots of love!
Matt & Amanda had their baby shower on the 11th. They should have everything they need for the arrival of their "Sweet Pea". They decided to keep it a 'surprise' but I think that it's a girl! I am waiting for Julie to send me pictures of the three of us and our expanding bellies; will post them when I get them!
Patrick & Liz announced last weekend that they are expecting in July! Hooray - Liz has been wanting to get pg for a while, but they have only been trying for a couple of months. It must have been that prego dust I sprinkled on her :o)
Steve & Ann found out on Halloween that they will be adding a little boy (Ewen Meyer) to their family. Ann delivered Liam 5 weeks early, so it's a possibility that Ewen will be here in February!
Beau & Beka will be having a baby girl, Megan, sometime in February. There's going to be a bit of competition between Megan & Abbie for Ewen's attention!
Rob & Stephanie are in disbelief that we only have 113 days to go. Okay, so that looks like a lot of days, but after the Holidays, we will be down to January, February, and then only a couple of weeks into March! The time is going to fly by, and I really don't think that I am ready yet. My body is preparing, however, as I have been having pretty intense Braxton Hicks contractions. According to everything that I read, it's normal to feel them more the second time around. I just don't remember feeling them at all with Isaac until May 17th. We went to Metro because I was having contractions 2 min apart for a few hours. I was dilated to 2 cm, but not in active labor. I went again the next night for the same thing and was dilated to 3 cm, and still not in active labor. Many days passed, including my due date and he finally showed up on June 12; six days late.
Abbie is quite the mover - we have caught her on video, but I will have to upload and edit so that you don't have to sit through 2 minutes, waiting for the movement :o) She also has the hiccups quite often, which is a pretty good indication that she will arrive with a full head of hair! My prediction is that she is going to have the Mosqueda/Spencer genes and look nothing like us. Rob's Grandpa is 100% Mexican, and my Grandpa is a German/Native American mix! Only time will tell!!!
We bought our Pack N Play after lots of drama at Babies R Us. Persistence pays off, let me tell ya! We also purchased a used Baby Bjorn for about 10% of the price that they are sold as new. Of course, we have lots of stuff left over from Isaac - luckily I went neutral with everything but clothes! I am anxious to get everything set up and ready to go; the nesting instinct has kicked in and I can't do anything until we move - arrgh!
I will keep you all posted on the progress of all of these prego mommies :o)

0 comments:

Watch out world, here I come!

This is so my life

This is so my life