Friday, September 19, 2008

Greetings from Texas

Hello All -
Yes, you read right - Greetings from Texas... We got news this week that my Grandma Lewis has not been doing well and was admitted into the hospital. Her kidneys are not functioning properly and her blood pressure is very low. We left Michigan Wednesday night at 8pm and arrived in Texas on Thursday around 6pm. I am here with my Dad, Mom, and Jon. Also here are Aunt Patti, her ex-husband Wesley, her daughters Patti with her daughters Brittani (23), Brianne (17) and Brooke (9); and Peggy with husband Larry and children Meagan (17) and Dru (13), and Paul with his wife Sharon, daughter Brandy with Kaitlyn (7), Maddie (5) and Andrew (3) and his son Ben, his wife-to-be Amber and their daughter Riley. Uncle Jon is here with his wife Karen and Karen's mother-in-law, daughter Lori, and daughter Monica with her children, Ashleigh (16) and Garrett (15). Uncle Mike and Aunt Darlene are here from Atlanta, GA and Aunt Gloria is here as well. We are staying at Aunt Patti's house in Lufkin, which is one of the towns hit by Hurricane Ike. They all just got their power back earlier this week.
It was a long drive and I already miss Rob & the kids like crazy. It was hard leaving, but I feel like I needed to be here! The doctors are not looking very optimistic at this point, but they are also not giving us a time-frame. They were able to give her a half dose of Demerol this morning, but her blood pressure was 70/45 when we got here. Right now it's 94/54. It should be 120/60. If here blood pressure goes up, they will do a trial run of dialysis, but they aren't sure how she will react to it. It is nice to see her resting now - when she's awake all she wants to do is get out of bed (which she can't do) and she is very restless. It's been difficult and full of emotion, but we all have each other, which is wonderful!
Well, I have a ton of knitting to do, which if it wasn't from Grandma teaching me how to crochet, I wouldn't have ever had the desire to knit! I will keep everyone updated and when I can! My dad is picking up the night shift tonight and I volunteered for tomorrow night, so I will have lots of quiet time on my hands. My hope is that I will be able to have a couple of conversations with her while we just have each other. I did get a smile from her before we left last night... I knew I was her favorite :o)

1 comments:

John and Sherry said...

Your family is in our thoughts and prayers. Isaac and Irelynn are doing well but you can tell Isaac is missing Mommy. Rob is really doing a good job with the kids....I loved spending time with them today. Irelynn just jabbers and jabbers.......louder and louder! What fun they are and both are so precious. We love and miss you.
Mom and John

Watch out world, here I come!

This is so my life

This is so my life