Saturday, September 20, 2008

Tonight, it's my turn

It is currently the 11 o'clock hour in Texas and I am sitting here with my Grandma at the hospital. She is sleeping now - I think she was ready for some peace and quiet :o)
I volunteered to spend the night with her tonight - that way everyone could get a break and I could get in some time with her. I was apprehensive all the way up to the point when everyone left, but she has been doing well today, so I think I will be alright!! Her blood pressure has still been fluctuating, but right now it's 100/57 and it was 110/72 earlier today. Her heart rate is steadier now than it has been, it's generally in the upper 90s to lower 100s.
It's breaking my heart when she asks for help and wants us to get her out of here. I explained to her today that she needed to be here so that the Dr. could give her the medicine she needed to heal. I was even able to get her glasses on her so that she could watch football! You should have seen her eyes light up!!! I have been knitting a lot - I was able to complete a hat and a pair or mittens for Miss Irelynn! They are absolutely adorable - I can't wait to take pictures of her in them! Now that I have finished that, I am going to peruse through the books that I brought here from the library to find another pattern to start. I haven't yet decided on something for Isaac or Rob. I will probably start with Isaac (sorry honey) since his project will go quicker. Someday Rob will get his sweater and wear it with pride! His complaints should be on hold since I did complete a hat for him before I left!
I should also add how thankful our family is for all of the support that we are receiving from everyone. Many of Aunt Patti's friends, co-workers and church members have been more than generous with their giving. We were able to enjoy a lunch of sandwiches and chips and some wonderful fried chicken and potato salad and this delicious crunch cake - it was like a donut and cake all rolled into one - yummo-licious! Thanks again for all of the love and support - we have really needed it!

0 comments:

Watch out world, here I come!

This is so my life

This is so my life