Thursday, January 15, 2009

Let's get real...

Since the beginning of this blog, I have resorted to using the 'best of the best' pictures that I have taken of us as individuals, as well as a family. It's quite easy to do, actually. To portray to everyone that we are perfect, a happy little family that doesn't have worries or troubles or heartache. Pictures can be deceiving. I can't tell you how many times I have had somebody ask me to take my picture with someone who I have no business standing next to, let alone smiling. But, I do it to save face, and to not disappoint the 'picture taker'. Deceiving I tell you, because I could post some of those pictures and you would never guess that moments after those pictures, I spend the entire car ride home bawling my eyes out just to relieve the stress from the day...
In this New Year, I have decided that I am going to start being more honest, more brave, less restricted. I am making a choice to speak cautiously... to not say something about someone that I would be ashamed about if that person overheard. I will be more aware of my family and its best interests and make personal choices that benefit and encourage personal happiness. Call it selfish, which it is by all means, but I am done doing things to please other people and pacify situations. It has put our marriage at great risk. Even typing this now, I am questioning myself, but I will hit that 'publish post' button down there (after some editing)! Wouldn't you just love to know what I have deleted so far?!
Alas, I must step down from my soap box as it's way past my bedtime, but rest assured that this will not become my stomping ground for bitching and complaining! However, you may find that I will be more honest and forthcoming about my days and moments. I hope that it makes you laugh, makes you cry, and also let you know that you're not alone... but really, it's mostly for my benefit ;o)
The most adorable husband in the world
Oh Miss Irelynn - these were the gassy tummy days. Now she just cries when I leave the room...
I think my husband gets this look a lot (which explains his look above)
Isaac after a rough day, or moment, this kid can cry at the drop of a hat (the apple didn't fall far from the tree here)

1 comments:

Julie Ann said...

Sometimes we sacrifice ourselves to make sacrifices for the ones we love and sometimes we sacrifice the ones we love as not to sacrifice ourselves. The question is where do we find the balance? When we put others above ourselves, when we love even when we hurt, when we allow ourselves to receive love then we know we are walking in God's light and are living by faith that this day will bear fruit. In this we also must honor ourselves and live with integrity. "What so ever is true, what so ever is right, what so ever is pure...think on these things". Phillipians (?)

Watch out world, here I come!

This is so my life

This is so my life