Sunday, June 10, 2007

Busy weekend

Wow, what a busy and beautiful weekend we had!
Rob worked in Alpena all week and we were so excited to have him home all day Friday! We attempted to use our Rice Maker on Thursday and realized that it has stopped working. We put it on the floor so that we would remember to take it back to Bed Bath and Beyond and on Friday morning, we found that Isaac had overheard our talking about it and decided that he could fix it on his own (and then recruited his dad for help)!


Later that night we participated in the Relay for Life walk in Downtown GR. We walked from 8-9pm and had a ton of fun. Isaac got a temporary tattoo and Rob and I got a caricatures done of us. He keeps teasing that he is going to put it in the Press as our wedding announcement (because we still haven't done that yet)!!!



On Saturday we went downtown Rockford for the Start of Summer Parade. Isaac rode the motorcycles (wearing ever so appropriately a shirt that says, "Naps Suck, Let's Ride") and took a ride on the Ferris wheel with Nana. We were going to ride the Sea Ray but he wasn't tall enough and boy did that hurt his ego!! It's not Start of Summer without a trip to the "Community Tent" aka "The Beer Tent", so Rob, Mom, Isaac and I grabbed an Elephant Ear, French Fries, a couple of cold beers, a water and enjoyed a wonderfully healthy lunch under the shade!

Today we are going to Liam's birthday party - he turned 2 on the 6th of June. I will snap some photos while I am there and share them when we get back.

If you were looking for news about Joe, he is doing fine. He broke down and bought himself a cell phone. Now we can call him anytime we want, and we do, it's awesome!!!! He made and ate Tomato Rice soup for lunch the other day - he is a changed man!

2 comments:

PV2 Lewis, Joseph said...

Hey, I just started a new blog, but dont know how to get the "our friends and family" thing up there will you let me know how, thanks, love ya, Joe.

John and Sherry said...

Hi. I love the pictures of Isaac. The whole rice maker fixing episode reminded me of when Rob was little and used to love to see how things worked. We went to a civil war re-enactment today, what fun! We talked to some people about doing it but John doesn't care to wear wool uniforms in 80 degree weather!!! Thanks for posting the pictures, I'm jealous of Nana........although I am glad it was her on the ferris wheel and not me, just jealous that she got to go to a carnival with Isaac!!! :)
Love,
Mom
PS They had an elephant ear stand at the civil war re-enactment, wonder if they really had those back then?

Watch out world, here I come!

This is so my life

This is so my life