Friday, September 14, 2007

14 weeks and forever to go...

We had a dr's appt. today and were able to hear the baby's heartbeat! At first Dr. Pete couldn't find it and I got really nervous. It was beating at a whopping 155 bpm!!! Not bad for only being 3.5 inches long - WOW!! I really don't have any inklings as to the sex, but Isaac's heartbeat was always in the 150's - so maybe we will be blessed with two little monkeys :o)
Rob was really excited to hear it, I think it was reassuring to both of us to hear! It seems so real now!
I keep having dreams that when the baby comes, we are completely prepared... except for diapers! I end up using t-shirts and bandannas to get us through - weird, huh? Maybe it's because we are planning on using cloth and I haven't yet decided on a method that will work best for us. Yes, I said method. Cloth diapering is nothing like it used to be! So far I have made a diaper using old t-shirts and crocheted a "soaker" with a really ugly wool yarn. Without the baby in front of us, it's hard to determine which brand on diaper covers and what sizes will work best. I am hoping that this baby grows at a slower rate than Isaac, but that's not up to me!!
I also woke up in a panic a couple of nights ago because I couldn't figure out how to rearrange our bedroom so that the cradle would fit. It took me a bit to remember that our lease is up in December and we won't even be living here...
Have a most enjoyable weekend - we plan on heading downtown GR for the Mexican festival and the Chili Cookoff. On Sunday we will be at Kylie's house celebrating her 4th birthday!

0 comments:

Watch out world, here I come!

This is so my life

This is so my life