Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Birthday Fun

8 feet of birthday balloon funness! Isaac and Kylie at Trini's (downtown Sparta)
Goofy kids
My cream puff birthday dessert
Blowing out the candles in my new outfit
Rob, Chay, Amelia, Uncle Ben
Grandpa John, Super Grandma Sherry, and Granny
Granny, Uncle Ben, Amelia, Gina
What a wonderful 26th birthday! It all started on Monday, the 27th and ended on Sunday, the 2nd of September!
On Monday my Mom made her yummalicious tacos for dinner and we were able to share a few moments with Joe before he left. We also had a Baskin Robbins cake, which we used to sing Happy Birthday to everyone who was there. I figured that since we won't all be together again for birthdays for the rest of the year, I would share my cake! We started with me, Mom (because we were in South Carolina for her birthday and didn't properly celebrate), then Dad, Jon and Joe, Rob, and Isaac just for fun!
On the 30th, Jon took me out for lunch at Bennigans and to AJ's to play putt-putt (I lost by one stroke on the last hole). My Grandma Spencer, who never remembers my birthday, called and I talked to Uncle Bobby as well, and Grandpa sang for me! When I was on my way to lunch, my father-in-law called me, which was an awesome surprise. Around 3:38, my mom called to make me cry, because I officially turned 26 at 3:31pm and she was reminiscing! When Rob got home that night, he surprised me with the balloons and then we went to XO Asian Cuisine, downtown Grand Rapids. It was delicious and fun (but next time we will get a sitter for Isaac)! My dad also called me that night and my mother-in-law posted a blog wishing me a very happy birthday!
It doesn't end there! On Friday, we went to Trini's for dinner with Sherry, John, Grandpa Ben, Granny, Amelia, and Kylie. I love going there!
On Saturday morning I made my moms wake up super early (8:30) so that we could spend a good part of the day shopping. We gave our day a kick-start by stopping at Beaners and then headed over to CenterPoint mall. We started at TJ Maxx where I found an adorable pair of shoes and a couple of purses. We then headed over to Old Navy where I found a cute winter coat, then off to Nordstrom Rack where I found another pair of shoes, Reef sandals (for me and Isaac so that we can be "top-of-the-line" like Rob), and an outfit!
I have never had so much luck shopping - I usually HATE shopping because nothing ever fits right and I get sooooo frustrated. However, it must have been my day, because not only did I find everything that I was looking for, but 2 of the stores were playing Barenaked Ladies while we were shopping :o)
Sherry and I dropped my mom off at home and headed back to Granny's house. I was surprised to find a birthday celebration planned for me! We had a yummy dinner and dessert, and enjoyed spending time together!
On Sunday, Aaron and Katie came to pick up Kylie and gave me a gorgeous necklace from Alexa's Angels. It was unexpected, but very much appreciated!
Thanks everyone for making my birthday so very special!!!!

0 comments:

Watch out world, here I come!

This is so my life

This is so my life