Monday, September 17, 2007

Happy 4th Birthday Kylie!

Happy Birthday 4th Birthday Kylie!

This weekend we celebrated Kylie's 4th Birthday! She is such a little princess - we really enjoyed spending time with her!

On Saturday we spent the day Downtown GR at the Hispanic Festival and WLAV's Chili Cookoff. It was perfect weather for chili, let me tell ya! Rob had his fill of chili, although we had just chowed down on tacos and a caramel apple - yum! The Chili Cookoff was also hosted by Wild Boar Harley Davidson, so Isaac really enjoyed looking at all of the bikes on display. Leave it to him to embarrass me though, because we just so happened to be standing next to a Harley rep when he says, "Where are the Yamahas?" The rep laughed and we booked it out of the tent!
We stopped by the Grand Rapids Public Library to look at their display of Monroe Ave. It was really interesting to see how Grand Rapids has changed, yet maintained its look over the past 100+ years! I could have stayed in the library all day, as I am a library junkie (thanks mom!!), but we decided to continue on our way...
Later on, we met up with John and Sherry at the Festival and chatted with Uncle Ben for a while (he was manning the beer tent). We were on our way to Beaners when we passed Four Friends coffee shop and I suggested that we fill up on java there. I love supporting the local coffee shops! While we all enjoyed our javas, mine being decaf of course, I spotted Apples to Apples on the shelf of games! We laughed pretty hard (luckily nobody shot coffee out of their noses - ouch!) and had a wonderful time! We mentioned that we had purchased the CSI game and John and Sherry decided to come over to the apartment to continue our fun in gaming! After chowing down some Papa John's Spinach Alfredo Deluxe pizza, we started to play CSI and found out that it would be way too time consuming. Bummer. John and Sherry took off around 10:30 and we woke Isaac up from his nap shortly after. I was extremely tired from all of the walking and fresh air, so I went to bed and left the boys to watch Jetix!

1 comments:

John and Sherry said...

The games were fun.......don't forget to bring crainium next weekend!
Love,
Mom

Watch out world, here I come!

This is so my life

This is so my life