Monday, May 5, 2008

1530

After a girl is grown, her little brothers - now her protectors - seem like big brothers. ~Astrid Alauda Help your brother's boat across, and your own will reach the shore. ~Hindu Proverb
There is a little boy inside the man who is my brother ...Oh, how I hated that little boy.

And how I love him too. ~Anna Quindlan

As Joe boards the plane to Iraq,
I sit here and think of all of the times that we have shared.
I can't believe that my little brother is all grown up!

As he embarks on this chapter in his life,
my only wish is that this becomes a positive experience.
I am facing the fear that I may never see him again,
but looking forward to the day he makes a safe return.
I am secure in the fact that I have said to him all that I can say.
He knows that he is loved and will be missed while he is gone.
He is strong and brave and I am very proud of him.

3 comments:

RMMcDowell said...

I'm so sorry that he has to go . . . my dad just returned on Friday morning, and I can tell you it was a long year. But you make it. Somehow you just do.

Josh and Kate plus 2 said...

Happy Mommy's Day! Hope you had a great day!

Anonymous said...

My baby brother (He's 50 now) is also in the military - I know the love, I know the fear, I know the faith. They are as lucky to have us as we are to have them. Bless you Stephanie for your wonderful heart! Love Sue L.

Watch out world, here I come!

This is so my life

This is so my life