Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Grandma Lewis



We got the call last night that Grandma Lewis passed away. After 10 years of being away from the man that she was married to for 65+ years and raised 7 children with, I hope that they have found each other! Here are some of my favorite memories:
  • She used to put Finger Curls in my hair
  • We played Rack-O, Crazy Eights, Kings on The Corner, Tri-Ominoes every time we went to visit
  • Crackers and Cheese was a main staple
  • She always had Homemade Soup in containers in the freezer
  • Picking acorns in gallon sized Country Fresh Ice Cream Buckets to bring home for the squirrels in Grand Rapids
  • For dessert I would eat Vanilla ice cream with Magic Shell Chocolate topping
  • Because the bugs were so bad up there, when we went outside, we sat in The screen-house
  • When I would sleep over, she would lay in bed with me and we would listen to the Whippoorwills
  • She was always working on a Plastic Canvas project and taught me how when I was 7
  • She always made Crocheted Towels for everyone
  • She taught me how to Crochet when I was 18
  • When we left her house, we always had to Honk and Wave
  • She always had cold sores so we had to kiss her on the cheek!
  • No matter how naughty we were, she always loved us!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And you know, that she loved you the most!!!

Love you,

MOM

Josh and Kate plus 2 said...

I'm so sorry Steph! Please let us know if you need anything!! PS Tri-Ominoes are the best! =)

Watch out world, here I come!

This is so my life

This is so my life