Friday, January 4, 2008

The hardest thing I have ever done

Tonight was the first night that I gave in to a craving - mmmm Culvers! Rob is playing in the Heavyweight Championship and Isaac is having a sleepover at Nana's! I needed a bacon cheeseburger, onion rings, and chocolate malt in the worst way. So, freshly showered, in my jammies, hair in a ponytail, orange crocs, Rob's North Face jacket that is waaayy too big (but it is the only jacket that I can zip over my belly), I got in my car and drove to Culvers. After waiting a few minutes for fresh onion rings, I was ready to go! I couldn't resist the temptation to chomp on a ring, so I pulled it from the bag and it melted in my mouth... Oh My Goodness! I could hardly drive from Culvers back to Sparta without pulling over and inhaling my meal! I got home, dropped my purse and jacket and proceeded to consume my meal. It probably took me all of 5 minutes to finish it off. I still have some of the malt left, but it won't last much longer! That said and done, I had a dr's appt. today and have gained 28 lbs., 10 1/2 inches in the waist and 5 1/2 in the chest - aye caramba!
So, I am going to take a couple of tums, crush some ice and enjoy the rest of my peace and quiet alone time, and try not to regret the 1,000s of calories I just consumed :o)

Just to give you an idea of how ginormous I actually am right now: 10 weeks vs. 30 weeks!

4 comments:

John and Sherry said...

You go girl!!! Keep my grand daughter fed........
Love,
Mom

Josh and Kate plus 2 said...

I love it! Girl, with what your bod's going through right now, you have to "treat" yourself every once in a while...even if you regret it later. =)

Doreen said...

Everyone wants to know if there truly is only 1 in there. As long as you and the baby are healthy it doesn't matter. We love you and your body will be yours again real soon!!!

Love you,

Mom

Gloria said...

aye caramba is right! Steph, if this is the first time you gave in to a craving then I say I am so very proud of you. I am not prego(thank God) and I do not have the will power to back off from cravings(and it shows).Hee! I was ready to run out the door myself for a hamburger,etc. as I was reading your article. Just think how happy you made that little girl, she will come out craving a milk shake. Love you Aunt Gloria

Watch out world, here I come!

This is so my life

This is so my life