Tuesday, February 26, 2008

When will it be over???

Within 16 days :o)
That I know for sure, what I don't know is if these contractions are a sign that things will be happening sooner than that.
I have been feeling the Braxton Hicks contractions since about 20 weeks, they have been stronger for the past 2 weeks and yesterday they were every 5 minutes for several hours. I know what it feels like to be in 'real' labor and how much it really hurts, so I thought that I was in early labor last night. If it wasn't for developing a fever, we wouldn't have gone in to the hospital. But, at 10pm (the most convenient of times), I got the fever, we finished packing the bags and off we went (leaving Isaac behind with my mom). When we got there, they examined me and I am a full 2cm and the baby's heart-rate didn't show any signs of distress. I was mostly worried about the baby and thought that having a fever was a sign that she was having troubles. No worries, though, she is nice and healthy! So yeah, I didn't progress during that hour that I stayed. Knowing that it took me about 9 hours to get from 7-10cm, I knew that I wouldn't get to 3 cm in that hour. The nurses (who are amazing there) told me that since I wouldn't be wanting medication anyway, I should go home, try to rest, eat and come back when things are closer. So, here I am... sitting at home... resting... eating... anticipating change. Why can't my water just break? Then they couldn't send me home :o)

0 comments:

Watch out world, here I come!

This is so my life

This is so my life